Fri, June 26, 20154:00 PM - 12:00 PM
"Fill Your Bucket"
Arts and Trades Theme
Special Guest Speaker: Dick Gruber
Our special speaker will be Dick Gruber, Children’s Ministries Specialist at VFCC. He is an international known children’s pastor, evangelist, writer, conference speaker, professor, and Kid Man. He will keep you entertained and in stitches as he ministers at our services and morning devotions. Visit his website for more information about Dick and all of his accomplishments at http://www.dickgruber.com/
Patch Design Contest
We are looking for boys or leaders to design the 2015 District Powwow Patch. A $50 gift will be awarded to the design selected for the patch. All designs must be submitted on or before May 15th to Cmdr. Steve Steffel at email@example.com or to Steve Steffel, 507 Howell School Road, Bear, DE 19701. Design should be in keeping with our theme "Fill Your Bucket", be colorful, creative, and include 2015 Penn-Del District Powwow. Please contact Steve Steffel at (302) 379-1580 if you have any questions.
2015 District Powwow Packet
Emergency Medical Form (for outposts who do not have one)
Powwow Promo Flyer
Download Ranger Kids Powwow and Coloring Contest
2015 Ranger Kids Powwow Coloring Contest Packet
This year’s District Powwow is just around the corner. Summer will be here before you know it and the Powwow will kick off on June 26h.
WOW! We have some exciting things in store for you at this year’s Powwow
We will once again be providing hot meals at the Powwow giving you the option to participate in the meal plan or bring your own food. The meal plan will allow you to leave your cooking gear home, forget about the fuss of preparing food and cleaning up, eat quickly, and give you and your boys more opportunity to enjoy the Powwow fun and activities.
New this year is a 300 feet long zip line that will exhilerate the boys as they travel down this high speed ride.We will also once again have the dual super sonic waterslide open allowing the boys to splash down and cool off after an exciting 100 foot ride.
We will have a lot of popular activities for the boys. Some of the activities include:
- Swimming in Ye Ole Water Hole in the Tuscarora Creek
- Frontiersmen Camping Fellowship Demonstrations including blacksmithing and donut making
- Automotive Pit Crew Challenge
- Trades demonstrations to include carpentry, surveying, engineering, eletrical, plumbing, bee keeping, and much more
- Water Baptism in the Creek on Saturday afternoon
- Ranger Kids Day
- Rifle Shoot
- Skeet Shoot
What else will be happening?
We also have a lot of new activities for the boys that you will find more information about in the Powwow packet. Some of the activities include:
- An arts & talent competition
- The FCF village will be set up again for all interested and prospective members to check out as well as existing members.
- If you have boys in your outpost that have not been baptized in water, plan to have them come down to the Tuscarora Creek for a life changing experience that will be held Saturday afternoon.
- There will also be plenty of fun, games and prizes for the Ranger Kids who are always shown a great time by our Ranger Kids Coordinator, George Pentz. There will be crafts, bible quiz, barrel train, obstacle course, water slide,games, candy scamble, devotion with Dick Gruber, and plenty of prizes.
- A hay ride to the remote parts of the camp and onto our 20 acre island is in the plans for the RK's and the usual coloring contest will be available for all RK boys to participate in.
- Let's not forget of course our spectacular evening council fire services where every boy and man is given the opportunity to give their heart to or Lord and savior Jesus Christ and to get filled with the Holy Spirit.
Special BGMC Project and Offering
During the LEAD 2015 Conference, Royal Rangers national director, Karl Fleig, asked that we support BGMC by partiicipating in the new project entitled "Health Care Ministries". We will be handing out Master Tollbox boxes at Powwow and encouraging boys to raise money for BGMC and this poroject. The boy that raises the most for BGMC between District Powwow and LEAD 2016, whcih is March 15th, will be provided free registration to the 2016 National Camporama. That is a $295 value. More information will be provided at District Powwow.
We will also be taking up an offering for BGMC at District Powwow. Encourage your boys and leaders to start saving their spare change now and bring it to Powwow and and put it in the large Buddy Barrel we will have at the camp or put it in the offering we will taking up at Powwow.